Welcome to Marketing Mondays #3.
I know, I know. You're sick of posts about ChatGPT. So after today's edition, we'll zip our mouths about ChatGPT. Promise.
In today's Marketing Mondays:
- ChatGPT: Know your facts, please!
- For the tech bros in Penang: Networking is always the biggest value in joining any conference.
- Nuggets: Our best finds around the internet.
- Free tool: Find out why people are not purchasing from your site!
- Calculate CPMs: Is influencer marketing necessarily more costly, compared to paid ads?
🙌🏼 What's Going On?
Google Workspace AI – looks awesome!
Work as you know it is going to change.
Check out Google Workspace's preview of its AI capabilities with the apps you're already familiar with – Gmail, Calendar, Meet & more.
What a game-changer.
Before you believe another CHATGPT bull$h%t
"ChatGPT is changing how we do marketing. Now I can produce 1,000 social media content in 5 minutes! I don't use Google anymore!" – Everyone on social media.
That's OK. It's new and shiny. Everyone wants in.
But, if you're planning to use ChatGPT, you need to know that:
- "ChatGPT's training data cuts off in 2021. This means it is completely unaware of current events, trends, or anything that happened after its training. It will not be able to respond appropriately to questions or topics that require up-to-date knowledge or information. It does not know who is president of the United States, the latest viral meme, or what day it is."
- "ChatGPT has no external capabilities and cannot complete lookups. This means that it cannot access the internet, search engines, databases, or any other sources of information outside of its own model."
- "It cannot verify facts, provide references, or perform calculations or translations. It can only generate responses based on its own internal knowledge and logic."
Btw, those are not my words. It is directly from OpenAI's own FAQs. Yet some people online, believe the opposite. Crazy.
Please don't buy "How to use ChatGPT" courses popping up all over the internet. You'll learn more by simply using ChatGPT.
🎤 Events Around You
- Forward Festival is a two-day annual event from 14th - 15th June, in Penang – that brings leading tech experts, innovators, and thinkers to learn, discuss and showcase how technology is shaping business and society.
- Just revealed some speakers and brands at Underdog Ad Con. Get your pre-sale tickets before prices increase.
p.s. The biggest benefit of joining a conference is ALWAYS the connections you make during the event. Online connections are different. Humans were made to interact with each other physically.
- Getting your employees to advocate your brand on social media is a great strategy. Hiredly does this quite well.
- There's An AI for That – A directory of all the AI tools in the market.
- Understanding why people buy $4000 shoes will change your marketing strategy.
- We were at Mitoworld's global launch event last week. Here is a video with some quick snippets from the day.
🔨 Free tool: Website Heatmaps & Analytics
If you wanted to understand why users not buying stuff from your website – how would you analyze that?
Most businesses will turn to Google Analytics. But there's a problem with Google Analytics 4.
- It's not a mature product.
- It's made for developers (not marketers).
- It's highly technical.
That's why Howuku exists. Howuku is an all-in-one analytics platform – heatmaps, A/B tests, session recordings, surveys, etc.
And they are Malaysian-made. 🇲🇾
We interviewed Donald, the founder, also a UX expert – who will also be joining us at Underdog Ad Con on 12th May. Make sure to get your tickets and meet him in person.
The interview should be out sometime end of this week.
🔧 Quick tip: Calculate marketing in CPMs
Most businesses will run ads to get traffic. But what about:
- Influencer marketing
- Sponsored content.
- Offline marketing.
Ahh, influencer marketing is too expensive! Is it really?
The trick is to calculate the cost-per-mile (CPM). That's how much it costs you to reach a 1000 impressions.
Here's an example: This ad campaign on Facebook (see below) cost us an average of RM8.40 per CPM.
What if sponsoring an influencer turns out to only cost us RM5.00 per CPM? Assuming the influencer has our target audience, it is worth it.
💬 Thought for the week
Can marketing be evil?
If you are marketing new ways for obesity to be acceptable – so you can make a few buckaroos. Yes, you are evil.
If you are marketing to young boys to pick up smoking – as an activity for them to be socially accepted. Yes, you're evil.
Marketing is beautiful when it creates a positive change in the lives of the people you reach.